How did people survive the Great Depression of 1929
? Here are five tips that show us how to survive the Great Recession today.
- They banded together and helped each other out.
- They were flexible.They found any kind of work. They looked for multiple streams of income. They rented out rooms.
- They cut costs. They made do with what they had. They patched their clothes.
- Cash was king. They avoided banks, and loaned to each other.They bartered services.
- They diversified their savings. They didn't put all their money into one thing.
How to Survive a Great Depression
What are your ideas on how to survive a Great Depression? Share Your Ideas
Ignorance, not Obamacare is your enemy
- I wonder how many would be against Obamacare, if it were Reagancare or Bushcare. The ignorant always have to use every venue for their bias politics.
- —Guest Romny
guest Ashley is right
- If we all bypass Obamacare, the country may not collapse
- —Guest Mary
- Dead wrong about Paulson and Bernanke. They have only made it worse for the future.
- —Guest lee
Ban obama CARE
- If we join together and ban Obama care I don't think we'll have to worry about a depression
- —Guest Ashley
- I think the point made that the economy is able to weather any storm is nieve at best. As of Late 2013, the USA national debt is alarming, the ration to GDB is highest ever, the problems that hit the economy in 2008 are here today and much worse (i.e. Derivitives). The Fed reserve is funding the bulk of the debt for the last 6 years, which is just diluting the money by printing monopoly money... the list of warning indicators is very long and the list of positive signs are non-existent. I recommend you prepare for the worst, and hope for the best, do your homework!
- —Guest Randola
the great depression
- there are alot of poeple that survived the great depression but alot didnt. people survived by Having alot of friends and being chill
- —Guest keoni
lack of tax $'s
- When we cannot pay the taxes on our homes and/or lands, then, where do we plant our gardens? Get wheel-burrows or a cart and goat or pony to haul your BIBLE, tent, camo clothes for hot and cold weather (layer your clothes), lots of water-proof awnings and/or shower curtains, rope, butane, refillable lighters, metal pie pans for plates, metal eating utensils, large pot for boiling water, dish detergent (as much as possible), lots of wash cloths, a book to identify edible plants, little plastic toys for the children, anything else necessary for survival, and lots of prayer and love for everybody.
Everybody needs to get underground vegetables planted now. We can share with the homeless. Lots of onions, garlic, potatoes, etc. planted in our flower gardens now so the vegies will be there when we do need them. Plant now lots of mints, rosemary, lavender, and other herbs that can be used for medicinal purposes.
May the LORD be with you and keep you safe.
- people spend so much $$$ on getting educated but they are still financially illiterate.They need to do 2 simple things: (1) stop relying on credit (2) understand the difference between paper currency and a true monetary such as gold and/or silver
- Buy and store some dry beans. These may be soaked and cooked; but note...they are also seeds! Practice growing some bean sprouts as well as good protein and source of dietary roughage. Learn to dry fruits and veggies on racks in fire pit. Barter with your neighbors.
- —Guest Marva Priestley
- Develop co-operatives within family groups; each member should develop proficiency in meeting a basic need of the group members. foraging, pickling and preserving....skills. assemble reserves of water, chlorine tablets, fire-starting tools in waterproof case, latrine supplies, et al . common gathering areas.... Camp supplies/tarps/sleeping bags...
- —Guest Marva Priestly
- I am trying to find out what the meteorologists say caused the dust bowl other than drought
- —Guest Phyllis
- calm down and make money, spend some, save some...work, pay off all debts as soon as possible, take out a few loans-Not too many
- —Guest Ayyy
- people need a can do attitude to survive another great depresson.
- —Guest mr E
Will the US Economy Collapse
- I believe your response to this is BRAVO SIERRA printing cash is absolutely Crazy ....we are in a mess because we have been irresponsible in doing this to begin with.
- —Guest Ma
- I see all the responses ... Sure they work, but didn't see school , or keep your friends closer , and family.this is the digital age. Along with the age where man has lost it's intelligence.america is a drone. Idc what's done as long as its right. Immigrants need to leave. Americans need to stand straight up and recognize our problems and address them. Every race on well fair needs to be dropped unless legit needs it. Ug it's not the people altogether either. All you disgusting greedy ppl should atone for what you do. You absorb as much money as possible , and for that all I can say is karma . Geez America what are you doing. ..... No sorry the ppl in charge! Those ppl need to be stripped of their power!
- —Guest Skygrinder