From the article: Why Are Gas Prices So High?
Gasoline prices affect you every time you go to the pump. When gasoline prices are high, do you cut back on your driving, or use alternative transportation? What should the government do to end high gasoline prices? Who is to blame for high gasoline prices? Your Opinion
- Anyone that believes today's prices are based on the futures market needs to do their math! Back when oil was at an all time high of $150.00 we hit an all time high of $3.99 and now the futures market shows oil under $90.00 a barrel and the price is now $4.31. This is total price gouging no more no less! Our demand for the last month was down here in MN and with the fishing opener that never happened it should have helped prices to drop Oh I forgot they shut down 3 refineries all at once and exported the surplus of fuel! Think this may have helped?
- —Guest Tim
- THIS IS BULL$#! I LIVE IN MADISON WI AND LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME BARRELS WERE 109-110 AND GAS HERE WAS 3.74. BARRELS 2DAY ENDED 95.78 AND THE PRICE AT THE SAME GAS STATION IS 4.06, THIS STATION WENT UP 22 CENTS OVER NITE. THE OIL COMP ALWAYS HAVE SOME LAME EXCUSE. THIS IS SOOOOO REDICULOUS AND I REFUSE 2 PAY THIS PRICE. ITS CHEAPER 2 TAKE BUS. OIL COMPS ARE NOTHING MORE THEN GREEDY BAST@RD$!!!!!!
- —Guest cheryl
- why do we even post? does anyone who can do anything about it even read it? think not. waste of time. We've been complaining for yrs. and nothing has been done.
- —Guest wilmamo1
- oil and gas companies should take the american flag down and fly a pirate flag !
- —Guest ken
- I feel that the reason gas prices are high is because of the blatant greed of the oil companies, and our elected officials who have sold us out. I feel that they should all be removed for what they are doing to the common people of America
- —Guest Bob
Oil and gas prices
- previously I mentioned the Leland Co.--I meant the Lehman Brothers company which ironically went bankrupt after screwing up oil and gas prices, when they circumvented the system and put oil on the commodities market. The fact that certain foods have been put on the commodities market has increased the price of food worldwide; thus, killing many peoplel;
- —Guest mike miller
- Oil prices are primarily speculative, since the Leland Co. circumvented the system illegally by putting oil on the Commodities Market. Who determines gas prices--they have been going up 15 cents per gal. per day. They don't go up automatically.
- —Guest mike miller
- Higher fuel prices for me means less food in the fridge, no going out to eat or movies. Means going without the fun stuff. Taxes on fuel are too high. Those that have fuel stock don't care their pockets continue to get lined.
- —Guest ugg
last response wont work
- If we lower the demand for oil, they (whoever they are) will just export more to other countries.
- —Guest al
stop using gas 2 days
- If we all parked the cars for 2 days a week it would get their attention. Use the 2 days for family and yard work or some home based fun.
- —Guest yvonne
The Biggest Addiction
- We are so addicted to oil products that we will pay almost anything for it. Making small changes in our personal habits can have a huge impact on demands and lower the price.
- —Guest Molly
- High gas prices are mainly due to the Iraq invasion. Had the US not went to war with Iraq, the price today would be about no more than $2.50 a gallon or $50 or mabey $60 a barrel. Yes demand from developing economies is contributing. But that is not the main reason.
- —Guest rsj
This is ridicolous
- Back in 2008 crude was $140 and oil to normal people was around $3 . Now crude is $91 and oil prices to us is $4.15 . Person who write the articles doesn't have the data before posting it . GAS prices shouldn't fluctuate my 2 cents and shouldn't be in stock market for big folks to manipulate .. Govertment needs to intervene these comodities to control effect on general class people .
- —Guest NickName
- high gas prices is legalized stealing fueled by greed nothing more nothing less
- —Guest dave
this is stupid
- This is stupid and the wonderful government should regulate the oil/gas prices. Hey stupid business people you know if you lowered gas prices to a more affordable price the amount made on gas would be more the economy would be better cause the American citizens can afford to get the gas to go places and afford to actually go out and do things instead of staying home all spring and summer and other times of the year. Don't yall think that would be an easier way to gain money to buy the oil and other things as well as possibly bring the value of the dollar back up. I get supply and demand but I mean come on think a minute. Let me give you rich bastards my income from my husband and myself and try to do yalls everyday thing. Let me tell ya it wouldn't happen. All you rich folk forget that the poor and middle class people are in more population than the darn rich and should be thought of before anyone else. Its all a snowball effect if gas was made cheaper than what it is now.
- —Guest jennidlett
1-15 of 213Next