From the article: Why Are Gas Prices So High?
Gasoline prices affect you every time you go to the pump. When gasoline prices are high, do you cut back on your driving, or use alternative transportation? What should the government do to end high gasoline prices? Who is to blame for high gasoline prices? Your Opinion
- We are all consumers of commodities, therefore we are all responsible for the rise and fall of our fuel prices. Since most everything we consume is delivered by some means of transportation. The more we consume, the more we affects fuel prices. We shouldn't expect governments to cause a change In fuel prices, its up to us to consume less. How many millions of us consume fast foods ,bottled water, at McD's, Starbucks, etc.,drive to the convenience store for a pack of cigarettes and a bag of chips. Maybe we need a movement ,through government advertising, to make people aware of our wasteful attitudes, instead of just advising us to use less gas. As just a microscopic example, how much fuel would be saved if 75 million gal. of bottled water didn't have to get redelivered every week. In an environment where the use of commodities affect the prices of oil/gas we have it in our power to affect prices and we would'nt have to do without all that much. So stop passing the blame. Its us.
- —Guest Canadarick
- There's a simpler solution. We need to quit driving so much!
- —Guest Gina
- Why should we change our driving habits? Or the type of vehicle we use. Boycotting one brand would work., why yes they could sell their gas to another company, but what about all the beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, chips, pop, candy, etc.
- —Guest John
- How is it we have oil companies exporting and importing oil? If we are exporting shouldn't we be taking care of our needs first and dropping the prices at home?
- —Guest mike
To finally stabalize refinerary gas prod
- Govt. should build several national refineries not connected to commercial ones and increase national flow of refined gas. Also, by law limit the outrageous export of currently refined gas so we in USA can enjoy reasonably prices gas. Legislate a ceiling on TRADERS who inflate futures mkt. by driving future commodity costs. It seems obvious that when commodity traders inflate futures, that the consumers feel that "anticipated future cost", which really has no good rationale, to rush out and "fill-up", causing a surge on demand and causing any small supply to shrink and squeeze the product further. Stop the TRADERS who are causing it. The gas future TRADERS also should have to BY LEGISLATION, actually have to take POSESSION of the gas future commodity contracts they signed on to. Right now, they are able to set "future high prices" and sell off that contract, making tons of profit at US citizens expense. If they actually had to by law, take possession of the gas, less motivation for the
- —Guest Dr. LMT
- I agree with the majority of you; especially that the USA needs to stop sending aid to other countries and use those funds to help the citizens in the USA. In addition, we need to start looking for alternatives to gas powered objects ASAP!!
- —Guest ConsciousConsumer
- read george orwell's 1984 - it's a real eye opener and a classic of course. i sure hope we/us american's wake up before it's too late. i happen to agree with everyone elses posts - greed, political favors, stupidity in our govt leaders, people afraid to speak up, a culture of no family is family, i could go on - in fact, 1984 really hits home about 'families' in a positively frightening way. please don't give up, Americans! i'm not a great writer or brain; but we have to do something; i guess this forum and all like it is the only way.
- —Guest cookie
tired of trying
- I used to be comfortable, have a little money in the bank, and able to go on vacation once a year. No longer...the prices of everything has increased dramatically except my salary - no raise in 5 years! Gas prices are the worst. We give so much money to other countries but we don't help out the US. Our current foreign policies are to blame for our recession
- —Guest jayjay
- Blah blah blah! I'm 44 yrs old and as far as I can remember, there has ALWAYS been some type of unrest in the Middle East. These people have been fighting the same religious battles for centuries. I live in the gulf south, there have ALWAYS been and will ALWAYS be Hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico. Yet back in the 70's, 80's, & 90's, gas prices were relatively low (under $2 per gal). So in my most humble opinion, this is nothing more that good ole American Greed! The question to these greedy oil giants should be, How much money is enough?
- —Guest Recreational Fisherman
High gas prices
- The truth about OIL - You better be sitting down when you read this! This has been checked out and is true!!! Read every word and pass it on. As you may know, Cruz Construction started a division in North Dakota just 6 months ago.They send every Kenworth (9 trucks) we had here in Alaska to North Dakota and several drivers. They just bought two new Kenworth's to add to that fleet; one being a Tri Drive tractor and a new 65 ton lowboy to go with it. They also bought two new cranes (one crawler & one rubber tired) for that division. Dave Cruz said they have moved more rigs in the last 6 months in ND than Cruz Construction moved in Alaska in the last 6 years. Williston is like a gold rush town; they moved one of our 40 man camps down there since there are no rooms available. Unemployment in ND is the lowest in the nation at 3.4 percent last I checked. See anything in the national news about
- —Guest Frank
- the only reason for gas prices to be high is GREED, The oil company's control the USA every one is afraid of them or they get paid to leave them alone. All we need is a little honesty
- —Guest odum A Hulsey
gas prices robery
- We've been robbed by the gas cos, the insurance cos, and the non profit org. welfare medical bills! I quit my job because i can't afford the gas. I cannot survive on starvation wages. going on the welfare too!
- —Guest tania
cost of gasoline at the pump!
- 42 yrs ago when we had our first scare, why did the oil companys buy out any invention to improve fuel mileage for any vechicle on the roads so long ago?
- —Guest Roger Ruether
The answer is...
- Everyone is complaining about how wicked n corrupt govt n oil comp are but truth is its our fault they got elected n are doin this it's out fault America is in the situation it is in now! The only one that can help is God he said in 2 chronicles 7:14 if my people who are called by name will humble themselves and Pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sins and will heal their land! Everyone is so quick to blame someone else but stop n look at the fact are u saved? Have u accepted Jesus Christ as ur personal savior? Do u pray that The Lord will expose the wickedness in the land? Cause the president n the leaders n oil comp to repent n if they won't repent remove them? The answer is to Pray god already knows what's goin on he's just waiting for someone to rise n stand in the gap for america to be turned bk to God.
- —Guest Truth is....
- When Obama took office the price of gas was $1.81 Now who do you think is getting cut, while these prices are hurting our economy. This also hits the fixed-pension person that cannot enjoy his retirement.
- —Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
1-15 of 230Next