Kimberly Amadeo clarifies how the economy is changing, how these trends affect you and the steps you need to take now so you can profit tomorrow.
She has recently published Beyond the Great Recession: What Happened and How to Prosper. In it, she guides you through the steps you need to take now to benefit from the changing economy. Get clear on what caused the recession, and how the economy has changed as a result. Find out how these economic shifts affect you and what you can do about it.
Kimberly is President of WorldMoneyWatch.com. She has 20 years senior-level experience in economic analysis and business strategy working for major international corporations.
M.S., Sloan School of Business, M.I.T. and M.S. Planning, Boston College.
In the News
- CCTV, Biz Asia America, Phillip Yin, Has Quantitative Easing Helped the Recovery?, May 22, 2013 (I come on at 4:27 minutes into the show.)
- Referenced by Goldmans Sachs, Visual History of Asset Bubbles; republished by Zero Hedge, A Visual History of All Asset Bubbles, 4/22/2013
- POTUS Channel, SirisXM with Chris Core, "State of the Union," February 15, 2013
- KFNN, Sinclair Noe, "2013 State of the Union." February 14, 2013
- Varney & Co., Fox Business News, Powerball Tops $500M, Should You Play?, November 29, 2012.
- KFWB News Talk 980 (CBS, Los Angeles) "The Gist of the Fiscal Cliff," November 27, 2012.
- KOA News Talk 850 (Denver), "The Gist of the Fiscal Cliff," November 27, 2012.
- WDUN, "Black Friday Hits New Record,", November 26, 2012.
- WDUN, Bill and Joel Morning News, "U.S. Consumer Debt Hits All-Time Record," October 24, 2012.
- KFNN, Ken Morgan and Julie Dougherty, Vice-Presidential Debate Summary, October 15, 2012.
- U.S. News and World Report, Are Economic Indicators Foreshadowing an Obama Win?, October 5, 2012
- WSRQ, Rudd Report, "Beyond the Great Recession," October 1, 2012.
- WMNF, Rob Lorei, "Economics Teach-In," September 27, 2102.
- KLPW, Diane Jones, "August Jobs Report," September 11, 2012
- KFNN, Ken Morgan and Julie Dougherty, May Credit Card Debt, July 20, 2012.
- Varney & Co., Fox Business News, Walmart Leading in Tough Economy, July 10, 2012
- Varney & Co., Fox Business News, Is the Economy Really as Bad as We Think?, June 22, 2012
- Investor Ideas, Dawn VanZant, What the Fed Policy Action Means Moving Forward, June 20, 2012.
- Cleveland Plain Dealer, Teresa Murray, Refinance boom is here again as mortgage rates drop below 3% on 15-year loans, June 15, 2012.
- KFWB News Talk Radio, Los Angeles, "Why Mortgage Interest Rates May Not Be This Low for Another 200 Years, June 12 ,2012.
- Huffington Post, Marvin Meadors, Did Fannie and Freddie Really Cause the Financial Sector Meltdown?, June 6, 2012
- KLPW-AM St. Louis, MO, Lifestyle Matters with Karen Stratman, "Seasonal Jobs Drop Spooks Markets," June 4, 2012
- WDUN-AM 550 GA, Afternoon News with Katie B. Davis, "Seasonal Jobs Drop Spooks Markets," June 1, 2012
- Interview with Shannon Firth of CUNYontheEconomy.com, Jobless Claims Down Again. Does It Matter?, April 5, 2012.
- Interview with Kahliah Laney of CUNYontheEconomy.com,Job Growth Up But Disappointing, April 6, 2012.
- Interview with Teresa Bitler of CreditCards.com on the best way to time foreign currency exchange when traveling overseas. 6 Budget-blowing International Travel Mistakes to Avoid, December 9,2011.
- Yahoo!Shine, Mobile Shopping Rise Marks Heightened Retail Addiction, December 9, 2011.
"Finding your blog is a gift from God, for I have been searching for clear, concise, 'no-spin' online economic writing for a long time. Your thoughts are breathtaking." Tony Richardson, President, RichardsonHeritage Group, Inc.
"Just read your article, "Did Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac cause the mortgage crisis?" Just fantastic!! Finally a succinct, understandable, and unbiased assessment. Thank YOU!!!" Don White, Coldwell Banker Residential
"I can't tell you how much I appreciate and trust your About.com U.S. Economy Guide. You make the complex, understandable, the understandable, useful." Victor Barbieri
"Given the absolute mountain of words that have been written about the Obama tax cuts and the need to create jobs, this is the first post I've seen that addresses whether the cuts will work. Fantastic." Peter Lavelle
From Kimberly Amadeo:
I am delighted to guide you through the U.S. economy so that you can better understand the critical changes that are occurring now. I describe how these changes affect you and suggest how you can use this knowledge to enhance your well-being. Economics is the only game where you are on the field whether you like it or not. The only difference between the winners and losers is whether you know the rules of the game or not.
Thomas Jefferson said, "I think by far the most important bill in our whole code is that for the diffusion of knowledge among the people. No other sure foundation can be devised, for the preservation of freedom and happiness." August 13, 1786 in a letter to George Wythe. That is my purpose in writing this site. The global economy is complicated, so I try to make it simple and easy to understand. This knowledge is critical for you personally, but also for our society as a whole. (See Monticello.org for this and other great quotes on the importance of knowledge in a democracy Jefferson Quotations)
Find out how you can make money from today's top economic trends.
- In the News
Listen to interviews with Kimberly
- Watch Kimberly Speak
"In a world of economic uncertainty, don't you wish someone would tell you what it means to you?"
- Purchase Beyond the Great Recession on Amazon.com
"This book will change the way you view what happened," Dana Anspach, About.com Guide, Money Over 55