Sometimes unemployment is a result of advanced technology, such as computers or robots, which replaces worker tasks with machines. If the workers are not retrained, they may not have the skills needed to get a new job. This is known as structural unemployment.
Unemployment can also be caused by job outsourcing, when a company moves its manufacturing or call centers to another country where labor costs are cheaper. This occurred in many states after NAFTA was signed in 1994. It was also caused when workers in China and India gained the skills needed by American companies.
Large scale unemployment is caused when consumer demand slows enough that businesses lose too much profit. If they don't expect sales to pick up anytime soon, they then must lay off workers. This usually happens during the recession phase of the business cycle.Compare the U.S. Unemployment Rate by Year
- The President can, by executive order (no congressional action ) require that all DOD contracts be staffed with American citizens and all material must come from american on-shore companies.
- According to International Labour Organization report, more than 197 million people globally are out of work or 6% of the world's workforces were without a job in 2012. Rapid growth of population is the main cause of unemployment. Since 1950 the World's population has increased by three times (& it is increasing). The 2008 global financial crisis increases the problem badly. Although the scenario has improved, but still the problem exists. In different countries the unemployment rate is different. Even in some of the developed countries present unemployment rate is not nil. Setting up a business, becoming an entrepreneur could be a positive step towards the solution of unemployment problem. Thus you can contribute even more to wipe out unemployment through arranging job for others.
- governmental corruption,instability,weak leadership,economical crises and ..... causes unemployment.
- —Guest Ahnad Farhad
- So many of our leaders are corrupt to the tune that things are not doing right rather on a know man provision.
- —Guest Kingsley jimmy
Causes of unemployment
- Poor education, bad leadership, political instability, laziness, increase in population
- —Guest Sherodproof
increase in population
- It is the leading cause of unemployment in Rural India. In India, particularly in rural areas, the population is increasing rapidly. It has adversely affected the unemployment situation largely in two ways. In the first place, the growth of population directly encouraged the unemployment by making large addition to labour force. It is because the rate of job expansion could never have been as high as population growth would have required.It means large additional expenditure on their rearing up, maintenance, and education. As a consequence, more resources get used up in private consumption such as food, clothing, shelter and son on in public consumption like drinking water, electricity medical and educational facilities. This has reduced the opportunities of diverting a larger proportion of incomes to saving and investment. Thus, population growth has created obstacles in the way of first growth of the economy and retarded the growth of job opportunities.
- —Guest mahen gandhi
What Causes Unemployment?
- a lack of capacity in the economy to create more job opportunities
- —Guest Wandile Mncwango
causes of unemployment
- bad leadership lack of of employment in this world linked to bad leadership and corrupt attitude of individual power moreover there lot of money embezzlement and power retention exhibited by policy makers in education sector this means fund required for improvement of education are diverted for selfish personal use. hence education sector remain longer underdeveloped
- —Guest fuhisa masaki
- Unemployment can be caused by lack of necessary skill and knowledge in relevant field.
- —Guest halks
causes of unemployment is corroption.
- From my own paspective, causes of unemployment is corroption,because those master will have to be bribeb befor they will aprove applications.
- —Guest Biliyaminu rukayat titilola
What Causes Inflation
- As unemployment approaches zero wages increases creating rational expectations of bankruptcy making employers stop investments causing inflation.
- —Guest Daniel J. Roque
causes of unemplyment
- corroption is the cause of unemplyment not giving good study
- —Guest king
What cause unemployment
- The following factors leads to unemployment; Failure to utlizes both public and private resources, natural and artificial resources
- —Guest Mtae
Cause of Unemployement
- i. Lack of adequate Effective Demand 2. Uneven Distribution of National income 3. lack of proper skill acquisition and training/ human capital development 4. lack of proper industrialization 5. inadequate panning and policy implementation by the government 6. high cost of money 7. economic growth and development and etc.
- —Guest Felix
- unemployment is caused by an increase in money supply
- —Guest shushu ntuthuko