Sometimes unemployment is a result of advanced technology, such as computers or robots, which replaces worker tasks with machines. If the workers are not retrained, they may not have the skills needed to get a new job. This is known as structural unemployment.
Unemployment can also be caused by job outsourcing, when a company moves its manufacturing or call centers to another country where labor costs are cheaper. This occurred in many states after NAFTA was signed in 1994. It was also caused when workers in China and India gained the skills needed by American companies.
Large scale unemployment is caused when consumer demand slows enough that businesses lose too much profit. If they don't expect sales to pick up anytime soon, they then must lay off workers. This usually happens during the recession phase of the business cycle.
However, unemployment from the financial crisis of 2008 just won't let up. What caused it? Was it Wall Street bankers? An auto industry that didn't remain competitive? Government economic policy? Did anyone you know cause their own unemployment by staying in a job they didn't love? What do you think? Share Your Opinion
Cause of Unemployement
- i. Lack of adequate Effective Demand 2. Uneven Distribution of National income 3. lack of proper skill acquisition and training/ human capital development 4. lack of proper industrialization 5. inadequate panning and policy implementation by the government 6. high cost of money 7. economic growth and development and etc.
- —Guest Felix
- unemployment is caused by an increase in money supply
- —Guest shushu ntuthuko
cuases of unemployment
- Unemployment is caused by lack of knowledge in most of our young peoples' minds. Also, when machines are updated not everyone knows how to use it and therefore will not get employed for certain jobs.
- —Guest krissy
What causes unemployment
- Laziness coming to the people who lack the needed skills
- —Guest Mtwesi L
What causes unemployment ?
- Is caused by overpopulation, slow growth of people and lack of information ...
- —Guest Nhonhoti
What Causes Unemployment
- Join the Global Time Bank , where you Trade your Talents in exchange of Time ! ! ! The Solution to Unemployment ...
- —Guest FreeTalent
- A large unskilled labour force or industries tht exploit natural resources(like mining gold)but few industries tht process the resources into a final product (like gold jewellery)
- —Guest Tshepelang madela
unemployed young adults
- A recent study discovered that, in the last decade, the debt rate has decreased dramatically for American young adults. While that sounds encouraging on the surface, in reality it reveals a troubling financial pattern. The reason for the drop is that the bulk of young adults just have too few assets and too little income to get substantial credit. Article source: visit currently located at some of our webpage.
- —Guest AllanCarter
Cause of unemployment
- Low Educational and Economy systems in a country.ex: Liberia
- —Guest Emmanuel Bangura
causes of un employment
- I think wat causes umployment is lack of industries lack of experience nd education
- —Guest iwaloye
- many individuals are unemployed due to their choice of jobs. one may be employed in a job that pays very little but he/she may want the one that pays a lot money.if this person resigns, s/he is voluntarily unemployed.
- —Guest koskei
- So, what you're telling us is that Reagan's trickle down economics DOES work!!!
- —Guest Allan
- Because of recession and high levels of inflation most companies are forced to fire the young/new employees who doesn’t have the experience or skills as the more experienced workers. Companies are forced to downsize because of the high level of inflation. Inflation causes less business and thus they can’t afford all the employees The fact that a degree does not promise skills and experience also cause high unemployment. The employer doesn’t just want someone with theory in the subject but someone with practical experience. Education systems are to theory based. Overpopulation and lack of skilled workers also contribute to unemployment
- —Guest M Lyon
What causes unemplyment?
- Lack of education and also lack of experience or knowledge and skills may cause unemplyment
- —Guest Mitchel
- Unemployment is caused by da lack of knowlage/skills....mostly to older ppl who droped out frm skl at an early age and went to seek for job due to poverty
- —Guest Sphesihle