- they affect me as I watch my family freeze in the winter, if the country stood united and refused to pay these stupid costs it would destroy the fat cat and goverment crooks who do not give a dam, let them freeze as well.
- —Guest jim
pain in the gas
- I live on a fixed income enough for food and gas. I try saving my money for the future but higher gas prices take that away. Month of Jan. 2013 in nh we got close to $3.15 now we are at $3.50+ wtf. Are they trying to piss us off! Pump more in the usa let's get back to $2 gas.
- —Guest Seamus
- How about just getting it out of the commodities market where it is affected so much by fear of this fear of that instead of reality "supply and demand" (Too simple)?
- —Guest z
It is our own fault.Weekend travel...
- I wish just once us intellengent Americans would all stay off the highways for about two week-ends in a row and the high prices would drop because the oil companies would'nt have a place to store the millions of gallons not used.
- —Guest Bobby Thornton
We need a regulatory commission
- We need someone - or a commission - appointed (or hired) to watchdog these "future oil speculators" If their paranoid speculation turns out to happen then fine, they were right and that's the cost... we have to accept it. BUT... if their future speculation turns out to be wrong (the demand is lower and the supply is greater than speculated) then these "speculators" should be made to readjust their prices in the consumers favor instead of just lining their pockets with extra profit above and beyond the millions they're already reaping.
- —Guest jb
F the Government
- The government is working for Satan. It sounds crazy, but it's true.
- —Guest Guest B
- Why does our government allow this so called speculation? Do they not realize these are but one of the things destroying America and the economy!!!
- —Guest S. Butcher
they can get rich off a dollar a gallon
- They dont need to charge so much for gasoline or any other form of fuel they can get rich off a dollar a gallon instead of getting greedy and thinking more for their wallets
- —Guest hard working american
- we have got to clean washington out . these people get so much cash from oil companys,. so who are they working for ? not you and i the voting public
- —Guest ted
Remove Fuel off the speculation Market.
- Lets move fuel to a state run level. Split the purchasing of oil to regional level by state run assemblies. Make fuel government controled. Thats right. Government loves to run everything else, why not something that really helps the public. I see... The fuel industry is more powerful than the worlds governments or their in on it. Which on is it world leaders... Thank you
where does the lost of value in dolar go
- i can hear the same story of losing the money value from decades to another decades. so, where does that money value has gone? if we know its been played by the producers, they why cant we fixed a constant price on that stuff, specially, the gas and food.? after all, economic problems are occured by humans alone, suffered by ourself. instead of playing such cunning games in economy, why can't we just live happily together? mostly, the answer would be, "its complicated & and huge jobs to change it" But, planning for gaining more profit also must be a Huge job, but they did it and they earn profit, so, if we apply the same effort, then we too can Fixed the Economy in Good way for making everyone to survived on this earth, Thanx!!
- —Guest rck
Gas prices, and what to do about them
- My friend told me that when he lived in Ponca City, OK, one of Conoco's head managers at Conoco Corporation told him that just where they were at, they had enough supplies to fuel every vehicle for the next 50 Years. Ira D. York
- —Guest Ira D. York
How Can Yhu Blame the President?
- How Can Yhu Blame The President Because we're Not Oil Independent thats Not His Fault If He Stop Getting Oil From China, They Will Stopo All Trades Almost Everything That We /have Now We Wont Have Be Grateful That The First Time in The U.S We Have a Blsck President, Its Not His Fault... Everytime when someone Makes A threat In Another Countrie Our Gas prices Go Up, When Theres A Good Change Prices Go Down.......
- —Guest maya Gillesppie
I can give $1. gallon gasoline
- All we need to do is Nationalize gasoline and you can have a stabilized price of $1. gallon gasoline for life. For $2. a gallon we can add 100% National Health Care coverage. I am willing to pay $2. a gallon gasoline for your/my own free oil under our federal lands. (Other Nationalized country's sell at .18 cents a gallon) I would completely cut the private sector & the $6. corruption gas prices out of th picture. The Army Engineers can run the whole program for us. This country has more oil than it knows what to do with. All above ground storage is topped off, Nat. Reserve full, exporting both gas & oil to foreign country's (while you get gouged), cars using 3-5% less gas a year, less commuters, refinery's cut below 80% production. I think we need a great big sign over America saying, Boy are we stupid!! We do not need to drill, there are capped oil and gas wells all over America. California alone has more oil than most European country's do. So it is up to you citizens!!
- —Guest shintao
High has prices
- I blame the President. He refuses to drill, we must become oil independent.
- —Guest Marlene Applebaum