However, like many other second-term Presidents, he is now being judged on what he has done, and what he has failed to do. During the first six months of 2013, his approval rating hovered between 47% - 50%. This is despite an improving economy, a healthy upswing in the housing market and new records in the stock market. Recent scandals have hurt his approval ratings, but they have nothing to do with his handling of the economy. Do you think he should be judged on how he handled the economy? Do you think Obama has done a good job? Tell us why or why not. Share Your Rating
- I'm tired of people saying the only reason obama is in office is because he's black. Well hell yeah thats true but the only reason there was never a black president before him is because they were black
- —Guest Unbiast
stimulus vs sequester
- amount in stimulus package to improve the economy is estimated to be $831 billion: amount of the sequestration program to reduce spending $85 billion. If the stimulus package had such little affect on the economy why does the Obama administration think that the seqestration proposal will have such a big influence. No wonder those of us who think on their own come to the conclusion that this president is in way over his head.
- Payroll taxes went up for me...... And all I heard him talk about was helping the middle class. We need bill Clinton back
- —Guest Keifus
Did any of you even read it???
- Ok most of these comments are people going on rants and it seems just by looking at these rants didn't read this at all. Obama and bushes policies in economics are pretty much the same. And the government can borrow from itself... Why would... Who's idea was that?????
- —Guest Me, my self and I
- to you idiots who think that Obama was a good president, think again. Fiscal Cliff is coming, and any decision is a bad one and will affect us. If debt keeps growing, soon everybody will face hyper-inflation and no jobs etc, etc. This is all Obama's fault. Your life is ruined by him.
- —Guest xGAJx
neither approve or disapprove
- In terms of the question that was asked of us. Whether I approve of do not cannot be attained by information heard from Fox News or some liberal news. The question that I pose is there someone that was better than President Obama to take over. The answer is a solid no. Gov. Romney did not have the all the dynamics needed to beat President Obama. We need both parties to settle their disputes and come together to resolve the debt crisis. Our elected congress has a job to write a balanced budget with a surplus, to pay off the some of the deficit. If they cannot, This school yard tactics off painting each other as a horrible official is a complete waste of time and money. So if those of you want me to pick, I leave with this note. President Bush Jr almost doubled the National Debt(5.9 trillion to 10.6 trillion, President Obama added more dollars(5.8 trillion and rising).so wins, I don't know. It is the responsibility of our congress to act in the interest of the people and not themselves.
- —Guest greatday
Tired of his lack of leadership
- A pusillanimous stench in the nostrils of America. He has done more to divide this great nation then ten of the worst Presidents we have had to endure and the economy clearly reflects this.
- —Guest WAKE-UP
- Wow, it's plain to see that this site gets a lot of uninformed followers of the messiah... wake up, this man is the Great Divider! He won reelection because he played on our fears - fears of black, fears of whites, fears of rich, fears of Wall St, fears of immigrants, fear of healthcare costs, fear of losing our free stuff. But then again, what would you expect from a rabble rousing community organizer from Chicago...
- —Guest T-dog
Let the Great Depression Begin.
- With Obama again at the helm, his continued inept handling of the economy will doom America to a Greece like stewardship. Adoph Hitler had it right in his rantings, it is easy to pull the wool over most people's eyes, since they are so stupid. When real unemployment hits 30%, the people will be scratching their collective heads, wondering what happened to America, and where are the jobs. China is middle of the road and views the American government as far left. You may ask where my sentiments lie after serving a number of years in the military. They no longer lie with America, because America's philosophy is a philosophy of failure.
- —Guest w8bbb
- Lets try to take race out of this equation for a minute since that seems to be what most people are focused on and just look at the facts from an ordinary citizen's stand point. We now have higher unemployment and Higher debt than at the beginning of our re-elected President's first term. Now, to my opinion: his victory all has to do with being a novelty... a black (ish) President, could it be? Factually speaking we are yet again worse off. In previous elections, when President did decent and we saw improvement, we would re-elect them, but if we saw a decline with such important issues, we would choose the other option... so I believe, based on this common sense, the win is race-based. It shows how racist this country is... from all sides. Please don't pretend to take the high road people, the more you play into just how important race is, the more likely we are to keep repeating this same mistake over and over again. That being said, I hope for the best since what's done is done.
- —Guest KRC
- Disapprove -- as well as his stealing my General Motors stock and giving it to his "union" contributor buddies.
- —Guest Margaret Sigerdon
- It is hard to see this so called hatred of the our President. Why do some people that are Caucasian think that people of color were happy with having all Caucasians as presidents? They were not all good presidents.
- —Guest Guest JDJD
- He's done so much for us. 100% approval rate from me.
- —Guest Tatiana M.
- BUSCH THE WAR MONGREL MADE A MESS BAMA HAS DONE A GOOD JOB TRYIN TO TO STAIGHTEN OUT A MESS SO LETS PUT IN ANOTHER BUSCH DUH
- —Guest BPGONEFISHIN
For "Guest Debbie"
- Guest Debbie wrote "I'm of color & we both know that caucasians have a hard time taking directions from a person of color. No disrespect but we all know this is true." Really? This is factual, or opinion? I only ask because, as a white male, I've had black males and females in charge of me during my eight years in the military and 4 years on the police force, and I've never had any problem doing what they told me... when they showed up to work. I guess if you want to write in stereotypes and opinions, then we all know people of color don't like to work hard.
- —Guest Dan