However, like many other second-term Presidents, he is now being judged on what he has done, and what he has failed to do. During the first six months of 2013, his approval rating hovered between 47% - 50%. This is despite an improving economy, a healthy upswing in the housing market and new records in the stock market. Recent scandals have hurt his approval ratings, but they have nothing to do with his handling of the economy. Do you think he should be judged on how he handled the economy? Do you think Obama has done a good job? Tell us why or why not. Share Your Rating
Approve of Obama
- I approved of the way this president has handled the economy. It will be much better if the Republicans would work with him. They have worked against this president since day one. Where is the poll regarding the Republicans? Please be fair.
- —Guest e h penn
do you approv or disapprov of obama
- I think President Obama has done and outstanding job. Did we forget that when he took office we were losing close to 800,000 jobs per month. I love this President, support our president
- —Guest e h penn
- I have been job hunting for a long time and I have been struggling to find a job for a very long time. I have been very discouraged with the sluggish job market to find a job. I dissapprove of the president's handling of the economy because this is the worst recovery since the Great Depression. I am in so much debt and I might have to be on government aid just to even have an income to pay my bills. I don't think Obama has done a good job handling the economy at all. This country's problems have increased since Obama has been president. He has doubled our national debt, we fiscal cliff and the debt ceiling has been handled poorly. He blames Bush for this economic mess rather than fix the problem and that is what makes me so much against him. In fact when he got re-elected it made me sick. Romney wasn't the best of the Republicans, but one key point that made me vote for him was that he promised to fix the economy. Obama is a horrible president and I think this country will be in a mess
- I believe Obama has made a fantastic job. He and his cabinet showed the American people the dream is back on for the lower pay working force, and the Obama Care will bring that dream happened. In essence the more the republicans put down the Obama care plan, the more people are questioning why, as we know now republicans are greedy and will not give in anything that involves money. More & more people are waking to the truth and are getting involved and paying attention and reading closely and exercising autonomous thoughts, and learning about this wonderful unique individual who took the gargantuan hideous Goliat down by the horns, and will make us have a new era in the US. I wish Obama would serve indefinitely or at least 4 more years!!!
- —Guest Zera Avla
- I am on disability..age 58 and was on foodstamps because social security disability checks are hard to live on...now they cut back the foodstamps we are to receive..?? Are u kidding me??? while they eat their prime rib I am struggling with mac and cheese...a Robin Hood he isn't cause none of this helps me out....just hurts more!! Try helping us poor people who cant work or go to school.
- —Guest Guest..poor already
- President Obama, not Obama, how about some respect, has shown a class high above the average citizen. He has proposed many country first ideas, only to be opposed every step of the way by the KKK, I mean Republicans. I pray that the few decent Republicans who understand we are all for one and one for all will do the right thing and stop stealing from the poor to give to the rich. Get our Government on it's feet. Put people back to work in the 750 thousand federal jobs that have been cut. Start spending our way to recovery by getting PG & E, the oil companies and cheating corporations to pay their taxes instead of sheltering it over seas and getting millions in subsidies they neither deserve or need. Then we would have the money to pay our debt without borrowing. The military expenses are what should be cut, not the safety nets for the unemployed, disabled and poor. Open your eyes to morality and turn away from GREED. You can't take it with you, but you will be held to account.
- —Guest Reality Check
- The unemployment numbers are not only, not accurate, but they are deceiving. Real unemployment is about 15 percent and more people are dependent and rely on government by Obamas intentions. He has piled on massive amounts of debt which will cripple the economy long term also. And he has also hurt businesses and not been business friendly by severe over regulation and red tape. Obama demonizes success and punishes the motivation also by constantly using rhetoric that suggests success means paying more and paying your "fair share" but extra tax revenue received by this liberal administration is only redistributred and the middle and upper class are not compensated.
- —Guest David
- There are good and bad things about all presidents. The only time I complain is when things get worse than they already are, and I honestly cannot see how the economy has not improved since Bush. Minimum wage has gone up in the state I live in, I and my friends have all had a much easier time finding jobs, and somehow it seems our bills have become less expensive. I don't necessarily "love" everything Obama has done, and I think there's still much room for improvement, but overall life has become easier for the middle class. Not to mention that our alternative was Romney x.x Sorry to any of you who supported him, but there's no way Obama did worse than Romney would have. I'm not Democrat or Republican, so my choice wasn't for either party... My choice was basically "Not Romney."
- —Guest Ranulf S.
To Guest Debbie
- Dear Debbie: I am a cracker. I have worked with and been supervised by many "people of color" and I have had no problem with that. To me, they are just people, same as anybody else. I also had many black friends at work who I ate lunch with everyday. Your claim that white people wont take orders from blacks is totally in your head. I respect greatly many blacks including Dr. Ben Carson, former Rep, Allen West, Herman Cain, just to name a few. You've probably never heard of any of them because they are intelligent, they know what is going on, and they speak the truth. The recent re-election of a do nothing president in which 90% of the voting blacks voted for him shows who the true racists are. You would rather have a man of color in charge, even though there is no denial, he is destroying this country. Because of this, I have lost a lot of the respect that I had for blacks. And by the way, Obama is a tool, a puppet for the real people in charge: old, extremely rich White men
- —Guest WOWsa
- I'm tired of people saying the only reason obama is in office is because he's black. Well hell yeah thats true but the only reason there was never a black president before him is because they were black
- —Guest Unbiast
stimulus vs sequester
- amount in stimulus package to improve the economy is estimated to be $831 billion: amount of the sequestration program to reduce spending $85 billion. If the stimulus package had such little affect on the economy why does the Obama administration think that the seqestration proposal will have such a big influence. No wonder those of us who think on their own come to the conclusion that this president is in way over his head.
- Payroll taxes went up for me...... And all I heard him talk about was helping the middle class. We need bill Clinton back
- —Guest Keifus
Did any of you even read it???
- Ok most of these comments are people going on rants and it seems just by looking at these rants didn't read this at all. Obama and bushes policies in economics are pretty much the same. And the government can borrow from itself... Why would... Who's idea was that?????
- —Guest Me, my self and I
- to you idiots who think that Obama was a good president, think again. Fiscal Cliff is coming, and any decision is a bad one and will affect us. If debt keeps growing, soon everybody will face hyper-inflation and no jobs etc, etc. This is all Obama's fault. Your life is ruined by him.
- —Guest xGAJx
neither approve or disapprove
- In terms of the question that was asked of us. Whether I approve of do not cannot be attained by information heard from Fox News or some liberal news. The question that I pose is there someone that was better than President Obama to take over. The answer is a solid no. Gov. Romney did not have the all the dynamics needed to beat President Obama. We need both parties to settle their disputes and come together to resolve the debt crisis. Our elected congress has a job to write a balanced budget with a surplus, to pay off the some of the deficit. If they cannot, This school yard tactics off painting each other as a horrible official is a complete waste of time and money. So if those of you want me to pick, I leave with this note. President Bush Jr almost doubled the National Debt(5.9 trillion to 10.6 trillion, President Obama added more dollars(5.8 trillion and rising).so wins, I don't know. It is the responsibility of our congress to act in the interest of the people and not themselves.
- —Guest greatday